Saturday, December 11, 2010

Is This the Little Boy I Carried?

Sherpa sent me the official pic from the day, a few weeks ago, when he became a CHAMPION.

Could this handsome man be my sweet little boy?

Is this the little boy I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember getting older
When did they?
When did he get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall? (but well within the breed standard, of course!)
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?

All this and then I came across this video called "The Gift of The Ordinary Day." Us mothers, we can be quite the martyrs can't we? I mean there's like one pic of the dad in this entire reel and it seems to be all about the mom and her perception of everything. As it should be. I have to admit it did make me a bit weepy. I'm a sap for shit like this. But it also makes me think, maybe, I should ship the pups off to California to spend a few years with their dad so I can develop some outside interests. Like, perhaps, gluing small plastic figurines and glitter to smooth flat stones I collect. Just like Grandma Frannie did.

No comments:

Post a Comment