Yummy. But not for dogs, of course! Recipes makes about 4 dozen cookies. Feel free to cut the recipe in half.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with an Orange Twist
8 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature (2 sticks)
6 ounces granulated sugar (about 1 cup)
6 ounces brown sugar (about 3/4 cup packed)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed juice from an orange
9 ounces cake flour (about 2 cups)
4 ounces bread flour (about 3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 ounces 100% cocoa bar, chopped fine
4 ounces 70% cocoa bar, roughly chopped
4 ounces 60% cocoa bar, roughly chopped
4 ounces Pecans (1 heaping cup whole), roughly chopped
4 ounces Walnuts (1 really heaping cup whole), roughly chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons zest from an orange
1. Preheat a conventional oven to 375F or a convection to 350F.
2. Cream the room-temp butter and sugars together in a bowl. The
mixture should be light and fluffy.
3. Add each egg one at a time, mixing well after adding.
4. Add the vanilla and juice from an orange. Mix well.
5. Add the flours, salt, baking soda and cinnamon to the
bowl and mix until the batter comes together.
6. Before adding the extras, mix the nuts, chocolate and zest well
in a bowl. This ensures the orange zest is even distributed.
7. Add the extras (nuts, chocolate, zest) to the batter and mix
in until it is evenly distributed.
8. Place tablespoon sized blobs of cookie dough on to a baking
sheet lined with baking paper.
9. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes until the cookie is golden.