Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sweet n' Sour

Sometimes at the end of the day it's really nice to kick back and relax. For this purpose, my dad has taught me how to fix him a superb Whiskey Sour. Don't tell him I'm sharing, but here's the recipe:

1 small lemon wedge
Turbinado sugar, for rimming glass
1/4cup bourbon, preferably Maker's Mark
1/4cup freshly squeezed orange juice
3tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1teaspoon granulated sugar, preferably organic
1cup ice cubes
1slice Orange

1. Rub the lemon wedge around the rim of a 12-ounce rocks glass. Place turbinado sugar in a shallow dish. Dip the rim of the glass in the sugar to coat; set aside. 2. In a large cocktail shaker, combine bourbon, orange juice, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and ice. Cover, and shake vigorously until all ingredients are well combined and cold. Pour into prepared glass, and garnish with orange slice.

I get to make a lot of these over the holidays as dad finds it's best to keep the relatives a bit loose.

The pups are doing well and their puppy teeth are starting to come in. Dad got them some special chew toys that are designed just for teething puppies. One you stick in the freezer so it really soothes my pups' tender gums.

Before you bring a new pup into your home you might want to watch this "Welcoming Your Puppy Home" clip from Eukanuba. I think it offers some good tips. I know I want to ensure the transition is as easy as possible for my little ones.

1 comment: